function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sukumarsukumar 

How to extended app with coding method after sample app is created using declarative method.

Hi All,

I have created sample app in sales force using declarative method. But all my requirements are not completed. So i want to extend my app with programmetic method.

Already i have 5 custom objects in my app but using page layouts only half of the my requirments are completed. I want to extend my UI and also functionality. 

So I have decided to create visual force page. 

Can any one please tell me how to extended app functionality using coding method after sample app is created using the declarative methos.

wt35wt35

The workbooks are a good starting point for understanding how to extend an app that has been created declaratively:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apex_workbook/index.htm

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook_vf/index.htm

sukumar wrote:

Hi All,

I have created sample app in sales force using declarative method. But all my requirements are not completed. So i want to extend my app with programmetic method.

Already i have 5 custom objects in my app but using page layouts only half of the my requirments are completed. I want to extend my UI and also functionality. 

So I have decided to create visual force page. 

Can any one please tell me how to extended app functionality using coding method after sample app is created using the declarative methos.

sukumarsukumar

Thanks for your reply. 

I can write code using vf and apex. For example If i want to create one UI screen, First I will create object and fields using declarative method. I will customize UI using page layouts. If I want to create 3 sections I cannot create it using page layouts, So I have to use visual force. How can I extended it (already created UI using custom object) using visual force page to add 3 sections. 

There are few other requirements I want to fill with VF pages to the already created custom objects using declarative 

I want to add radio buttons between two fields.

To fill this requirements currently I am creating visual force page with all fields again what are created in custom object.

Can you please tell me how to change modifications to the UI which is already created by declarative method using visual force page.

If you need any information about my question please post here, I will provide.

Thanks in advance