function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sapthagiri_186sapthagiri_186 

Lead to Account Conversion in Professional Edition

Hi,

I have got Professional Edition. My requirement is :

A "Lead" has got multiple contacts and when converted to an "Account", all the available contacts for that particular "Lead" must come under that respective converted "Account". 

Regards

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Where are you capturing the multiple contacts on the lead Object? have you created custom fields to capture these?

In the SF lead conversion functionality, there is one contact, one account created as the information enetered on the Lead page has info for one contact.

To achieve the creation of multiple contact creation, you will have to go with custom conversion emthod where you can implement creation of multiple contacts.

sapthagiri_186sapthagiri_186

I haven't created any custom objects but would like to if there is a way  for me to carry the data avilable in these custom objects to the respective converted Account. 

You mentioned about implementing custom conversion, could you please explain me doing so. And I have got Professional Edition. 

It would be great if you can let me know if there is a possibility of implementing "Tab Panel" system in detail view section for any data record. Like showing the rlated lists in tab panel view rather than showing them in the normal view.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Sapthagiri,

Custom conversion of leads is possible if you code and implement the conversion functionality of creating multiple contacts for a converted Account.

PE edition doesn't give the flexibility to code for the ORG but you can use the apps which might have prewritten code.

The reason behind the standard conversion of one lead to one contact/Account was that a Lead by nature is single entity. The single entity is the Leads name. This means that you can have multiple leads that have the same Company Name but you only convert the one Lead at a time which creates an Account from the Company Name and a Contact from the Leads name. If another Lead with the same Company Name you have the option of associating that Lead to the Account that the previous Leads conversion created.

A workaround(involving code) is provided in the following link, but not sure how much it will be of use in your scenario:

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gtEXAAY

We have any idea related to this requirement, if you wish to promote:https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000BrD2AAK

Also, Tab panel in related view is something not possible declaratively.