function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VivoVivo 

Trying to save a specific order for objects in a related list?

Hi,

I have an object "Workout" that has a master-detail relationship to an object 'Excercise'. I have created a visualforce to give the user a view/edit of Object Workout, but I am trying to let them choose Excercises to add in, but also order the excercises in any way that they want. Is there a way I can save the order they choose and save it to display it that way again? A shuttlebox such as the one you use when you pick which details you see on a related object would be perfect as that has an add/remove and an move up/down button.

This does not mean that different users will have different order of exercises in the SAME workout object, it just means that the workout object has a set order for the excercises that appear within it, that can be re-ordered anytime by it's creator. It seems like right now, one would have to delete all the excercises within the workout and then add them in the new order they want. This is very tedious, so I was hoping someone could point me to a solution that's better?

Thanks!