function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ghanshyam BhattGhanshyam Bhatt 

Localization/I18n of VisualForce Custom Tabs

I am providing the support for Multiple language in my application but i am not able to change lanugage of Custom Tabs created in visual Force. Please provide help/ valuable comments guys.

Thanks in Advance.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Hi Ghanshyam

This is very simple to do

1.if you have created Tabs in visualforce page then Please use custom label (Custom Label is a another meta Data Provided by Salesforce you can Create it by nevigating Setup-> Custom Label ) instead of using direct String. 

After using custom label you need to use Work bench ( another Meta Data provided in Salesforce ) you can create Work bench translation in custon label creation process or later by going on custom label. 

Please let me know in case of any further qeury.

Please give me KUDOS if my this approach help you and mark this as solution to make other people benefitial.

Ghanshyam BhattGhanshyam Bhatt

Thanks Sandeep.

I will try your solution and wil provide respose on this.

One more way i figured out is that i exported the .stf file fron Translation workbench and found my Custom Tabs as "WebTab.<tabName>  <TabLabel>". I replaced my Tab label with desired output message translation.

This did my job. If you found any drawback to this solution then reply me on this.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Hi Ghansyam, 

I got your approach. That is also nice approach. It would also be good to use Meta Data API in Salesforce. it will make our process more flexble. so here we geenrally use this approach. 

Please Mark my answer if it is helpful to make it available for other person who is in need and give me KUDOS hitting KUDOS button.