function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VintaraVintara 

emailing visualforce dashboard components? "this component can't be displayed in emails"

I have some custom visualforce dashboard components. Everything looks great when a user is on the page, however when the dashboard is emailed the section where these components should be has a message "this component can't be displayed in emails".

Anyone with any thoughts as to a solution or work around for this?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Are those components - s-controls.
S Controls cannot be displayed in an email as they need Javascript to run and an email client cannot run javascript.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
VintaraVintara

The are just visualforce. However the odds are good that they use javascript (as just about everything in salesforce does). Is there a place where I can see the limitations of emailing dashboards and what will or will not work?

crop1645crop1645
Vintara, as of V32, the doc is pretty clear on this (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/pages_charting_limitations.htm) : "Email clients do not usually support JavaScript execution in messages. Don’t use Visualforce charting in email messages or email templates"