function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kaushik.RayKaushik.Ray 

Add a large file to third party system via Soap API

Hello All I want to upload files to my external system using SOAP APIs. My requirements - 

1. upload large files to third party system using SOAP API.

2. File size can be of 250GB.

Limitation that can restrict me - 

1. maximum file size that can be uploaded - 5MB

2. maximum Heap size - 6MB. even if i want to upload usign  SOAP API i will still need to hold blob value in controller.

3. maximum web service reqquest limit - one of the main issues that i feel is 3MB limit on webservice call out, in this case i can not send SOAP request of more than 3MB.

Please help me out on this tricky solution. let me know if any further details required.

Thanks,

Ray

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC
Kaushik.RayKaushik.Ray

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. 

But I changed the question header. I need to upload large file from VF page using SOAP API. Size of file can be near 250 GB.

Please let me know if it is feasible.

Regards,

Kaushik

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
You won't be able to perform this feat in Apex Code-- for all the reasons you've mentioned. Instead, you'll have to attempt a cross-domain proxy to the target service (if you can influence the headers of the target service and/or they have a cross-domain policy in effect), or you can host a custom service on a server you do have control over to allow a proxy from salesforce.com to the target service (make sure they offer truly "unlimited" bandwidth, or you'll be in trouble). Considering that most ISPs tend to cap between 300 and 600 GB/month, I don't even see how it'd be feasible to upload files of this size arbitrarily. I am curious as to what could be that big that you'd need to send over SOAP.
SF BuddhaSF Buddha
Kaushik, Did you have any luck with this ? I am facing similiar requirements so just curious on how you went about implementing this.
Leafen SandyLeafen Sandy
I too have the same problem, in my case I need to upload a pdf into salesforce from an external system(that can be even upto 20MB.)

As Kaushik mentioned there are limitations like

1. maximum file size that can be uploaded - 5MB
2. maximum Heap size - 6MB

Can anyone suggest a better approach.

Thanks.