function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jhartjhart 

embedded visualforce bug: "the page you submitted was invalid for your session"

Our application uses embedded Visualforce pages within standard object pages (contact, lead, account, opportunity).

Since the Summer '13 upgrade, a couple users (in separate orgs) are reporting that the embedded page will fail to load with this error message:

The page you submitted was invalid for your session.  Please click Save again to confirm your change.

Note that "Save" has not been clicked, nor any changes made.  This is on the initial load of the parent page.

The only fix we've discovered so far is to manually delete all salesforce.com and visual.force.com cookies.

This is not a bug in our code; these people are running the exact same version they have been running for years.  The only new thing in the mix is Summer '13.

Salesforce support - I have created case 09431887 to track this issue.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC

Hi,

Can you please let us know the complete URL of the page.

In one of my projects, i have seen this behaviour but it was resolved after removing a parameter in the URL called 'save_new=1'. I am not sure of the exact parameter name though.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Satish Kumar

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

jhartjhart
Satish,

I'm not really sure what you're talking about with the "save_new" parameter. This is a Visualforce page embedded within a standard object page via the Page Layout Editor. I have no control over the URL that salesforce uses to load the iframe.
Sacramento_TimSacramento_Tim

Did you ever find a cause and solution to this issue?

jhartjhart
No - as far as I know, it has stopped occuring (haven't heard about it from customers since July). Salesforce support closed the case with "cannot reproduce".
Heath LHeath L
This is happening to us too in functionality that we have had in place for 3 years. It happens to random users at random times, but always when saving a record via the embedded visualforce page.