function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krishnagkrishnag 

guest user licence

how can we check the debug logs of guest users

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RyanGuestRyanGuest

Just type in the name of the Site into the input box.

The lookup icon doesn't work correctly, but if you type in the guest user's name it works.

All Answers

Philip_FPhilip_F

Hi Krishna, did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm wondering the same thing.

Cheers,

-Philip

krishnagkrishnag

nope nobody answered me on this question.I am still thinking of it.

RyanGuestRyanGuest

Just type in the name of the Site into the input box.

The lookup icon doesn't work correctly, but if you type in the guest user's name it works.

This was selected as the best answer
krishnagkrishnag

thanks ryan

jStarkjStark

I just wanted to add some clarification for those new Force.com developers who are searching these boards for answers. The input box mentioned above can be found under: Setup | Monitoring | Debug logs, and then clicking 'New'. I know there was some confusion for me, as I'm used to using the system console for my debugging. It's probably more obvious than I thought it was, but there's probably others like me out there.

Thanks to RyanGuest for the answer!

ptepptep

This did not work for me. I had to type "Site Guest User, [site name]" as if Site Guest User is the Last Name.

cbs42cbs42
An update for anybody still looking to do this: If you click on the lookup icon after putting the name in the box, the user will not be found. Add the name as ptep suggests above, then click "Save". My experience just now is that there's no way to use the magnifying glass to actually lookup the user.
rohitrrohitr
Hope this helps:
http://limitexception.com/2013/06/05/setting-up-debug-log-for-a-force-com-site-guest-user/

Thanks, Rohit R
buzzboldstevebuzzboldsteve
Post WInter '17, you may need to set a cookie for your requests, even after you have selected the Guest User for debug logging:
https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter17/release-notes/rn_forcecom_debugging_guest_user.htm