function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MrTikMrTik 

hostname pointing to Site

I have a site created and deployed in production. I have custom URL that points to salesforce instance. My users are asking if they can us the site name without using www in front of the site name. So for example if my custom URL for site is www.foo.com, users want to be able to navigate to my site when they enter foo.com in the URL field. Can this be done with out doing URL Forwarding? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks.

RyanGuestRyanGuest

This is not currently possible with Force.com Sites (CNAME DNS records do not support this).

What I've done, is use a redirect service (your DNS provider probably has one) to redirect mysite.com to www.mysite.com.

Some search engines treat www.mysite.com and mysite.com as duplicate content and thus penalize you. Forcing your users to use either www.mysite.com or mysite.com is a general SEO best practice.

MrTikMrTik

the DNS provider does not allow us to redirect a domain name to www site. I am using network solutions and that was the first thing I tried to do. Can you suggest any other solution ?

BulentBulent

godady does allow you to do this