+ Start a Discussion
finalistfinalist 

Once Login has been enabled, is there any way to go back? Can I delete a Site so I can start again?

I am working in my dev org to allow access to a custom visualforce page through Sites.  The page displays a single Account and some related Custom Objects, and i made these accessible to the Guest User profile.  I was seeing the page but without details (though the Custom Controller is hard-coded to display a particular Account), so I decided to see what I could gain access to through using the Customer Portal.  The Customer Portal has access to even fewer objects than the Guest User (no custom objects at all), so that was a wrong move, but now although I deselected Login Enabled so that on the Sites detail page is reads 'Login - Not Allowed', the Guest User has no access at all - I get the 'Authorization Required' page.

 

I tried deactivating the Site and creating a new one, but my Dev Org only has one Sites license, even if the other is disabled.  And there is no way (that I can see) to delete the Site and start over.

 

So it appears that I am stuck with the Customer Portal: Contact Portal login.  I'm getting an error there as well, and no email is being generated telling me (in my Admin role) what the issue is.

 

Is there a way, through Eclipse perhaps, to delete the Site from Dev Org so that I can try again?

 

 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RyanGuestRyanGuest

You can't delete sites.

 

You can disassociate a portal with a site by going to Login Settings on the site detail page (look for the button at the top) and then pick "None" for the customer portal.

All Answers

RyanGuestRyanGuest

You can't delete sites.

 

You can disassociate a portal with a site by going to Login Settings on the site detail page (look for the button at the top) and then pick "None" for the customer portal.

This was selected as the best answer
finalistfinalist

S'alright - although it appeared as if an unauthenticated user no longer had access, once the VF page was cleaned up (the controller, actually, and a custom related list error), the page works fine.

 

Still learning (as usual) - thanks!