function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFineSFine 

Transferring a developer site to a higher edition

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of experimenting with and testing with a site to get used to force.com, but the more I work with this, the more I wonder if it's possible use this site for a actual company site that I'll soon be using force.com to make. Is there a means to transfer the data well? I'd appreciate information or a link with answers.

Thanks in advanced.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

You can see many real-life examples of Force.com Sites in the Sites Gallery.

And yes, there are many tools to move the Sites configuration from one org to another (ie from Developer Edition environment to the production environment). This includes the Force.com IDE or the Migration Tool. And to move data, you can use the free Data Loader tool. 

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

You can see many real-life examples of Force.com Sites in the Sites Gallery.

And yes, there are many tools to move the Sites configuration from one org to another (ie from Developer Edition environment to the production environment). This includes the Force.com IDE or the Migration Tool. And to move data, you can use the free Data Loader tool. 

This was selected as the best answer
RyanGuestRyanGuest

To add to what aalbert said, you can also use packages to move metadata from one organization to another. Although you can't package a site and move it, you can package all the components (visualforce pages) that make up a site.

SFineSFine

Thanks for the replies. I feel more comfortable in continuing to work with this site then.