function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssoftwaressoftware 

salesforce touch - visualforce page in Account detail page

Hi,

I have a visualforce page that I have added to the Account page layout. (Edit Page layout -> Visualforce Pages -> then selected the custom visual force page that I developed). This is working fine and showing the relevant data as expected when logged into Salesforce from a regular browser.

I would like to make it work in Salesforce Touch and Salesforce Classic. How do I go about getting it to work? Currently it is now showing up when I access an account from Touch/Classic.

I understand that one can develop custom visualforce Tabs that can be shown in Touch/Cassic. However I would like the visualforce page to show in the Account detail page and not as a separate Tab.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards
Madhav

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can't do that at the moment.  I doubt you will ever be able to do it with classic, as the focus is on touch now.  Visualforce is currently limited to tabs in touch as documented in the Srping/Summer 13 release notes (can't remember which). 

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can't do that at the moment.  I doubt you will ever be able to do it with classic, as the focus is on touch now.  Visualforce is currently limited to tabs in touch as documented in the Srping/Summer 13 release notes (can't remember which). 

This was selected as the best answer
ssoftwaressoftware

Thanks Bob. Yes it seems like it is not possible at the moment.