function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
beastaw56beastaw56 

Related List Record Links do not work properly after Rerender

I have a page that rerenders two Related lists after 5 seconds using actionPoller. The related list ID's users and equip rerender properly after the records get updated from Webservices callouts. The problem is that after the related list the link for the record just refreshes the current page instead of taking me to that records page. I am new to VisualForce pages so any help is appreciated. When I hover my mouse over the link it displays the correct URL. And if I click the link before it rerenders it works

<apex:page standardController="Subscriber__c" extensions="PullUserData" action="{!updateUser}">
<apex:detail relatedList="false">
<apex:form >
<apex:commandButton value="Refresh Lists" reRender="users, equip" />
</apex:form>
<apex:relatedList id="users" list="Users__r" />
<apex:relatedList list="DID__r" />
<apex:relatedList id="equip" list="Inventory__r"/>
<apex:relatedList list="TUT__r" />
<apex:relatedList list="Orders__r" />
<apex:relatedList list="Cases__r" />
<apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities" />
<apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories" />
<apex:relatedList list="CombinedAttachments" />
</apex:detail>
<apex:form >
<apex:actionPoller action="{!increaseCount}" reRender="users, equip" rendered="TRUE" interval="5" enabled="{!IF(count == 0, TRUE, FALSE)}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

Could you pleae re-phrase your requirement.

nathaForcenathaForce

Hi beastaw56,

Just a thought... Have you tried <apex:page standardController="Subscriber__c" extensions="PullUserData" action="{!updateUser}" cache="false">?

Nathalie

beastaw56beastaw56

Upon entering the page. I need the method updateUser to do some webcallouts and update the Users and their equipment that is related to a subscriber. Users, equipment, subscribers are all custom objects. Which my methods successful do. 

I have the action poller to rerender the related Lists Equipment and Users so the correct data is displayed on the screen after 5 seconds. This rerenders the page only once. The problem is when the related lists rerenders. The record link in the related list no longer functions properly. It refreshes the current page for subscriber instead of taking me to the custom object page for the user.

What I am trying to achieve is after the related links rerender. I need the link that takes you the child object to work correctly. 

Any ideas? Putting the cache="false" did not work. I am not sure why this functionality stops after the page gets rerendered. If I click the link before the 5 seconds. The link works properly. After 5 seconds which triggers the rerender. Just refreshes the current page. 

beastaw56beastaw56

Any Ideas?