function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manu206Manu206 

Dynamic Custom Labels in Managed Packages

I'm currently building a package which includes a visualforce page with dynamic custom labels generated by apex:

<apex:column headerValue="{!$Label[dynamicLabel]}" value="VALUE"/>

This works great but if I want to release the package to other orgs the custom labels won't be attached to the package. Now I'm struggling because I really need the dynamic custom labels in may other org. Is there a way to attach the labels manually to the package? I also tried to create the labels manually in my other org but they won't be accessible because of the different namespace.

Any solutions?

Regards

Manu

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

If I understand this correctly, the custom lable wil be added automatically and you should not be required to add it to the package explicitly.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/AppExchange-Directory-Packaging/Packaging-custom-label/td-p/95834

Manu206Manu206
But they are not automatically added. I guess this happens because of the dynamic implementation.
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hey Manu,

I did some research and turns out that the issue is indeed with dynamic implementation of custom fields.

I wouls suggest you to post an idea on our Apexchange including the use case so our PM team understand the case and the community can promote the idea to show the demand of this idea.