function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alastair1988Alastair1988 

Help on creating Visualforce form involving Opportunity Line item

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create what is essentially an order form using a visualforce page and apex. I am not a dev so I am learning as I go with this but I know what I want to do is acheiveable.

Essentially I want to create a button on an opportunity that is something like "add products" and this would take a user to a form. On this form there would be fields that they can complete, some number, some checkboxes and some would autopopulate from teh opportunity record the ahweve come from.

1. OpportunityID (Auto populate from Opportunity) locked field

2. Opportunity Name (Auto Populate from Opportunity) locked field

3. a set of checkboxes that relate to individual products

4. Quantity fields that are specific to each product (mapped to quantity on opportunitylineitem)

5. Salesprice products that are specific to each product (mapped to sales price on opportunitylineitem)

6. An upload document field that will put a document in the notes and attachments related list

On sumbitting this form, dependig on what has been selected, opportunity line itmes will be created against the opportunity that the user has come from.

If anyone could help/point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,  

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

If you want to learn then I will help you in learing and resolving this issue. I will guide you through this, but will let you do the development.

First of all, you need to create a custom button on Opportunity. On click of that button, you need to open a vf page, from where you will create opportunity line item record.

Let me know when you are stuck.

Alastair1988Alastair1988

Hi,

Thanks, I can create custom buttons from the opportunity page. Its the visual force page itself I need help with?

Thanks,