function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jerrymoljerrymol 

Visualforce chart: <Apex:barSeries>, highlightColor is not working..

Hi ,

I am using a barseries in my page, and i want to reset the highlightColor and highlightStroke color of the bar.

I tried it with using the below syntax:

<apex:barSeries orientation="vertical" axis="bottom" xField="month" yField="average" title="Avg SLA" highlight="true" highlightStroke="rgb(206,222,29)" highlightColor="rgb(206,222,29)" />

But it is not working,still it is using the default color.

Any one experienced the same problem? Please help me with this.. Urgent..

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi,

I see by definition - the doc says the color should be entered in HTML-style (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_barSeries.htm) For example, #00F,#0F0,#F00
Can you please try specifying the color in this format and see if it works.

jerrymoljerrymol

Hi,

Even i tried with Hexadecimal values for color as below:

<apex:barSeries orientation="vertical" axis="bottom" xField="month" yField="average" title="Avg SLA" highlight="true" highlightLineWidth="1" highlightColor="#F00" highlightStroke="#F00"/>

But it is not working.

I think as per the documentation of barSeries, we should give 'A string that specifies the HTML-style color' for highlightStroke and highlightColor properties. Not hexadecimal values as we give to ColorSet property.

But i don't know how to give string value for HTML style color. Even i tried with giving 'Red' And 'Orange' (String representation of color), but it is not working..

Can anyone help with me this..

Shiva Ramesh @ xcdhrShiva Ramesh @ xcdhr

Hi

You should use HTML color codes. USe following link: http://html-color-codes.info/

you should give value like this 

highlightColor="#5CB52F"
jerrymoljerrymol

Hi,

I have already tried this, but it doesn't works.

<apex:barSeries orientation="vertical" axis="bottom" xField="month" yField="average" title="Avg SLA" highlight="true" highlightLineWidth="1" highlightColor="#FF0000" highlightStroke="#FF0000"/>

Still it is taking the default color for highlight bar...(see the below snap shot)

any other way..???

Use colorset attribute

<apex:barSeries title="Data1" orientation="vertical" axis="right"  xField="name" yField="data1,data2,data3" colorSet="red">
jerrymoljerrymol

I want to reset the highlight color of bar when we put mouse over it(i.e, highlightColor property), not the fill color of bars...

Could you please post your full page code

jerrymoljerrymol
<apex:page controller="OppsChartController" showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="Opportunity Analysis for 2011"/>
    <apex:chart height="380" width="700" data="{!oppDataWithMonthNames}" theme="Green">
        <apex:legend position="right"/>
        <apex:axis type="Numeric" position="left" fields="monthlyRev"
            title="Revenue ($)"/>
        <apex:axis type="Category" position="bottom" fields="month"
            title="Month of the Year">
            <apex:chartLabel rotate="315"/>
        </apex:axis>
        <apex:barSeries title="Monthly Sales" orientation="vertical" axis="left"
            xField="month" yField="monthlyRev" highlight="true" highlightLineWidth="1" highlightColor="#5CB52F" highlightStroke="#FF0000">
            <apex:chartTips height="20" width="120"/>
        </apex:barSeries>
        <apex:axis type="Numeric" position="right" fields="noOfClosedOpps"
            title="Opportunities Closed" grid="true"/>

</apex:chart>
</apex:page>