function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wesnoltewesnolte 

Is it possible to package Force.com sites?

Hello

Is it possible to package Force.com sites? I cannot see any simple way to do it besides packaging the pages etc. and then setting up sites post installation.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

With Spring09 release you'll be able to include site sample pages and apex classes (or pages that reference site specific expressions or methods) in your managed package and you'll be able to deploy your managed package to an org even if the target org doesn't have the Sites product enabled.

Domain names are unique for each orgs and it's not possible to package the site definition.

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Check out the Spring '09 Release Guide, specific to Packaging Force.com Sites

jpizzalajpizzala
You really won't be able to package sites for use outside of your DE's until the technology is made publicly available (which I heard at one point may be as early as the Summer '09 release).  Until then, you can use the new Sites packaging for Spring '09 release to transfer Sites data between your DE's.
wesnoltewesnolte

The video seems to get stuck after the intro, anyone else having this issue?

I had a look at the PDF release notes and it says you cannot package Sites, just the pages, code, components etc. related to the site.

The introductory commentary leads me to believe that this is not the case. Does anyone have another link to the demo vid?

BulentBulent

With Spring09 release you'll be able to include site sample pages and apex classes (or pages that reference site specific expressions or methods) in your managed package and you'll be able to deploy your managed package to an org even if the target org doesn't have the Sites product enabled.

Domain names are unique for each orgs and it's not possible to package the site definition.

This was selected as the best answer