function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
augiewazaugiewaz 

Customer Portal - Access to Products/PricebookEntry

Hi,

The company I work for wants to create an online shopping tool/order form and the suggestion is currently to use the Salesforce Customer Portal or perhaps the Sites section.

Ideally, the order itself would go into Salesforce as a Opportunity or Quote and the products as line items to one of those objects. However, we are 99% certain that its not possible for a portal/authenticated site user to access these objects (even via an Apex script) since portal/site profiles do not provide access to these objects. Our current thought of a workaround is to simply duplicate the objects so we have our own custom versions of them. Even though this would work, it seems a bit odd that we are creating custom objects for something that Salesforce provides for you as standard. 

If anyone has any suggestions or tips on how to go around this, we would love to hear them.

Thanks

Warren

seahorceseahorce

I'm looking to do exactly the same thing and am also surprised that there isn't a straight-forward way to do this since it's pretty common to need an order placement website.  Any info you can share on what your plans are would be appreciated. 

oracleguruoracleguru

Hey, 

I am also looking for the same .Any thoughts?

seahorcesolnsseahorcesolns

I ended up having to create custom Order and Order Detail objects that can be exposed to the customer portal.  You have to select the correct type of portal licenses to purchase though so you can give users access to the products.

Monina MaturanMonina Maturan
Hello! I am also looking for the same however this one is for communities. Do you have any idea if this can be achieve?

JmlbarretoJmlbarreto
Hello, Have you tried to use standard object Order
I am looking to the same issue and in the documentation, this standard object has permission to CRUD and automatically gives you permission to read Products and Price books.