function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Osiris77706Osiris77706 

Dashboards in force.com sites

It seems like all the information is saying that i cannot put a dashboard into force.com site and have users see the dashboard without logging in , but salesforce support says that i can. does anybody know how i would go about doing this ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

They won't be graphically the same, you'll need some HTML, Javascript, and CSS knowledge to re-create them yourself.

All Answers

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

Dashboards aren't available to anonymous users.

You could construct your own visualforce page to show the information that you'd normally display in a salesforce dashboard as a workaround.

Osiris77706Osiris77706

will it show it graphically in the same manner as a dashboad ? how would one go about something like this ? all i need is my intanet site to show the same dashboards my boss sees in salesforce,  only in the intranet, without logging into salesforce.

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

They won't be graphically the same, you'll need some HTML, Javascript, and CSS knowledge to re-create them yourself.

This was selected as the best answer
Osiris77706Osiris77706

I was under the impression that only force platform stuff and html could be used in force.com pages:

from sites faq:

Q: And do we have to change either jsp or asp pages to visualforce pages?

A: Yes

Q: Can we use Force.com to create ecommerce apps/ sites like Order placement & management system

A: if it can be done via the Force.com platform (Apex, Visualforce, etc.), you should be able to do it via sites

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

You're correct, you can use HTML, Javascript and CSS along with Visualforce. 

Visualforce actually outputs HTML, Javascript and CSS

Osiris77706Osiris77706

Oh i see, that makes sense now. sorry.

Well, this is gonna be fun....