function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
stuartgstuartg 

Custom Web Address

Hi, I'm new to Salesforce and trying to set up a site.

So far we have created the site in a Sandbox and have configured the public access setings so that the site is accessible. We have registered a domain name and pointed the CNAME record to our Salesforce domain.

I have entered the Custom Web Address for the site as www.ourdomain.org (this more than 24 hours ago)

I can type in the public access URL of our SF site  and the correct page appears but using our external domain name this bounces to a SF login page.

Could anyone give me any ideas? Have I missed out something? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
stuartgstuartg

Hi, Problem solved - i hadn't spotted that Custom Web Address doesn't work in a sandbox!

All Answers

JoAnnHospiraJoAnnHospira

Have you added the page to the site VF pages?  Also - you will need to set it as the active site home page on the site detail record. 

There is a good tutorial on this at http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/index.htm in #8 Creating a Public Web Page Using Sites. 

stuartgstuartg

Thanks for the suggestions JoAnn

I have added the VF pages and enabled the site; I'm able to access the site using the Salesforce public URL to my sandbox.

The problem seems to come when the page is being called though the custom domain. The domain is reaching SF (it gets to the login page) but it seems the custom domain isn't recognised in SF even though I have entered it in the Custome Web Address field.

I'm not really sure how to track down what the problem is. Do you have any other ideas?

stuartgstuartg

Hi, Problem solved - i hadn't spotted that Custom Web Address doesn't work in a sandbox!

This was selected as the best answer