function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rudi_HulsbosRudi_Hulsbos 

New Site error - duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>

Hi Community,

We are trying to create a new Site in both our production and sandbox orgs, but get the following error when trying to save - duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>. Salesforce support says that they do not support this, so thought i would put the question out there, any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Rudi

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

This is most likely becuase of a validation rule you have on the User object.

FulcrumCollaborationsTorqueFulcrumCollaborationsTorque

Rudi,

Were you ever able to get around this issue?  If so, do you remember what the workaround was?

I am dealing with the same issue where it is preventing me from creating a new site.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

John

TabithaTabitha

Any updated on what causes this error? I checked and I do not have any user validation rules set, so I don't think that's it.

JFraileJFraile

Hi.

I've got the same problem. Nothing seems to work, ¿Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks.

TabithaTabitha

JFraile, for us it turned out that we were missing some default Salesforce classes that are required to make a new site. We had to get Salesforce support to add them in for us.

JFraileJFraile

Thanks Tabitha, already created a SF support case. Hope it doesn't take long...  :)

StrongForceStrongForce

What Classes Were Missing ?

TabithaTabitha

These were the four classes that were missing:

1).SiteLoginController
2).SiteRegisterController
3).ForgotPasswordController
4).ChangePasswordController

They were all Salesforce-created classes that Salesforce support had to restore.

JFraileJFraile

Hi.

In my case, it turned out there was a custom user field set to "unique", after unchecking this field property I could create the site. 

mgibsonmgibson

Just an FYI - I had this same issue (tried to create a new Site and got that error).  Two user fields were marked as unique.  Once I unticked those, the site created fine.

Mairton CunhaMairton Cunha

Just an FYI - I had this same issue too and the solution was the same.