function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DaveHagmanDaveHagman 

Restrict record types in the portal

Hi All,

For some reason I cannot remember how to restrict what record types are allowed in the portal. How is this done?

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Just go to your profiles and edit the respected portal profiles to give access or restirct to the correct record types.

Thanks.

DaveHagmanDaveHagman

I was in the Profiles page for the correct profile but there is nothing there about record types, only standard object permissions (None of them are RecordType). I thought that you could edit the field level permissions on the Record Type object itself but you cant do it there either...

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

If you have record types set up on the object, then you would be seeing the default or any other  record type settings under the profile. Navigate to this section and click on the edit (not the edit button diplayed on top or bottom or the profile). Here you can choose which record type you want to display for this particular profile.

To set field level security, scroll  to the field level securtiy section and edit it just like how you did for record types. Record type is just like a page layout from where you would be controlling which profile user would see what fields on the page layout.

Thanks.