function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brijesh_85Brijesh_85 

Want to Access Mileage Tracker Application Using URL

Hi All,

I am a newbie to force.com.I want to access my Mileage Tracker Application without login as a Force.com developer.

I created "MileagePolicy" Site using Tutorial and access it from its URL. Now I want to access Mileage Tracker Application from its URL.

Error Says : Authentication Required. 

Questions :-

1. Do I need to create Login Page and add it with Mileage Tracker , if yes then How ??

2. How can I add users from Developer Editon Page. Is it necessary to have only  force.com user to 

access the page from URL.

3. On my Site Details Mileage Tracker page When I clicked on Login Settings. Its says that  "You can enable users to log in to an existing portal from your Force.com site."  How??

Can Anyone please Answer the Above question.

Thanks in Advance

Brijesh Thakur

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

1. The Profile defined under "public access settings" is the profile associated to the Site. You will need to modify that profile to grant the proper permissions and access within that Profile.

2. Where does the "home & mileage" link navigate you to? If you are accessing this page from a Site, it must navigate you to another Visualforce page that is exposed in the Site. If it navigates you to a standard page layout (such as the detail page of a mileage record), that will require authentication. 

3. To authenticate a user from a Force.com Site, you need to setup either Partner or Customer Portal. And then enable at least one user for that portal. And lastly, associate that portal with this Site under the "Login Settings" section of the Site configuration area. Please see the online help for how to setup customer portal and some test users. 

I am not sure the Mileage tracker application was intended to be exposed as a Site. I am not overly familar with all the pieces of it, but it might require some re-design to best deploy it as a Force.com Site. It might be worth prototyping out a Force.com Site with some of the examples posted here

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

When configuring your Site, make sure all the Visualforce pages you want exposed are configured to be included in the Site.

Also, on the Site detail page, there is a button "Public Access Settings" - make sure the Profile associated with the Site has the proper permissions setup as you need them. Lastly, there is also a "Login Settings" button on the Site detail page that lets you configure which Portal to associate with the Site (for when users authenticate). 

And don't forget to activate the Site too.

Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Hi Allbert,

Thanks for Your Response

1. I have configured the VisualSource Pages  to the site.

2. Regarding the Public Access Settings. In the ProfileDetails Section , User Licence is showing Guest. is it ok aur we have to change to someone's else .  In Page Layout & Field Level Security  did nothing. Leave it As it is. In Custom App Settings I checked the Mileage Tracker as Visible.Enabled all the Appex Classes & All the Visualforce pages. And Lastly In Custom Object Permissions in Basic Permission i enabled Create & Read and in Data Administration View All.

By Doing the Above settings Now I am able to get the Mileage Tracker Page by Using URL. But It is taking too much of time to load the page on Browser.Almost 2 to 3 minutes. Can You tell me Why??

And in that page it is showing Two links "Home & Mileage". By Clicking on that I will again redirecting me on Authentication Required Page. ????

3. Regarding the  Login Settings Button once i clicked on in Login settings Section showing that "Login Not Allowed". How can I configure Users. ??

And at Last One more thing !!  In Site Edit Page on "Active Site Home Page" I am giving Visual Force Page Name "MyMileagePage". When I am clicking on Preview Button It is giving me Error "Id value 066800000008lNh is not valid for the Mileage__c standard controller"  

Thanks Again.. Atleast now I am able to show someone my work by giving URL :smileywink:

Please clear above mentioned doubts.

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur

Message Edited by Brijesh_85 on 02-12-2009 09:45 PM
Message Edited by Brijesh_85 on 02-12-2009 09:47 PM
aalbertaalbert

1. The Profile defined under "public access settings" is the profile associated to the Site. You will need to modify that profile to grant the proper permissions and access within that Profile.

2. Where does the "home & mileage" link navigate you to? If you are accessing this page from a Site, it must navigate you to another Visualforce page that is exposed in the Site. If it navigates you to a standard page layout (such as the detail page of a mileage record), that will require authentication. 

3. To authenticate a user from a Force.com Site, you need to setup either Partner or Customer Portal. And then enable at least one user for that portal. And lastly, associate that portal with this Site under the "Login Settings" section of the Site configuration area. Please see the online help for how to setup customer portal and some test users. 

I am not sure the Mileage tracker application was intended to be exposed as a Site. I am not overly familar with all the pieces of it, but it might require some re-design to best deploy it as a Force.com Site. It might be worth prototyping out a Force.com Site with some of the examples posted here

This was selected as the best answer
Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Hi Allbert,

Thank You very much.

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur