+ Start a Discussion
vijaynvijayn 

Sites not working with a DE that has a package prefix setup

Hi all,

 

Has anybody seen this problem before. When I try to navigate to my sites site. I see this:

 

Page Not Found: /

Stay tuned. Please email us if you need to get in touch.

 

 

 

And I get this email in my inbox:

 

There was a problem loading the FileNotFound page -- the designated Page Not Found Page (404) for Force.com site "root" -- when processing the following URL request: http://bhivesb1-developer-edition.na6.force.com/.

 

Note that the above page is not my 'FileNotFound' page (as I modified it slightly to tell the difference). This appears to be a failsafe page of some sort.

 

There's nothing interesting about this site. It's the default site. The only thing interesting was that it was in a DE with a managed package (and therefore w/ a package prefix).

 

The previews work fine.

 

Also, I tried this in another DE which did not have a managed package or prefix (and things were working). Then I set a package prefix and it failed in the same way.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
vijaynvijayn

Hi Bulent,

 

Thanks for the fix. It works for me now too.

 

Vijay

All Answers

BulentBulent
Your site url works for me.
vijaynvijayn

Hi Bulent,

 

Thanks for the fix. It works for me now too.

 

Vijay

This was selected as the best answer
BulentBulent
We didn't fix anything. When I tried it worked for me.
davidndavidn

I seem to have the exact same problem with my Site: http://bhivedev1-developer-edition.na6.force.com/

 

-David 

vijaynvijayn

Hi Bulent,

 

Guess it needed your magic touch ;-) Something changed, because even this morning I got the email I listed above !!

 

Well, it works now! regardless of whatever it was...

 

Vijay

BulentBulent
Seems like there is an issue here. We are looking in to this.
vijaynvijayn

Hi Bulent,

 

Any updates?

 

Vijay

DSLDSL

We see the same issue. We have a sites page that was working fine. Then we registered a namespace and can't figure out how to make it work.

 

Before the namespace add, we could go to:

 

http://sitename-developer-edition.na6.force.com/pagename

 

After the namespace add:

 

This works: https://namespace.na6.visual.force.com/apex/pagename

 

 

But this: http://sitename-developer-edition.na6.force.com/pagename

 

gives an error:

 

Page Not Found: /index.jsp

 

Is this a bug like it seems or else can anyone post how to get a sites page when you have a namespace?

 

Thanks!

DSL

BulentBulent

here is an example for this case

 

Where ns = namespace
pName = page name

To refer to a Visualforce page that is in a package in Sites context, you want to use: $Page.ns__pName

The url to a packaged page in a site: http://ryan-developer-edition.force.com/ns_pName

If you set the namespaced page as your home page, this will work too:  http://ryan-developer-edition.force.com

This will NOT work (url without the namespace, only the page name):: http://ryan-developer-edition.force.com/pName


 

vijaynvijayn

Hi Bulent,

 

Thanks for the explanation. 

 

Part 1 worked: ie: http://bhivesb1-developer-edition.na6.force.com/bhivesb1__TestPage works.

 

However, I've setup the specified page as the home page and that still exhibits the old behavior ie:I get:

 

Page Not Found: /

Stay tuned. Please email us if you need to get in touch.

 

Also, note that the email I get seems to indicate that Sites is unable to find the designated 404 page (Not the home page) (probably because that page also has the namespace)

 

Thanks again for following this up.

 

Vijay

Update:

I was testing it again to see if reassigning the PageNotFound page fixed things(After I started this post) and now the  http://bhivesb1-developer-edition.na6.force.com/ started working!!!

 

The same thing occurred last week too. Things started working properly for a little while, but stopped working a day later. I can't see a pattern, except once it starts work, it doesn't fail again for a day or so :(

 

PS:

Here's the mail I got (before I started this post)


Delivered-To: <snip>
Received: by <snip> with SMTP id z11cs62166ybk;
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:31:53 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by <snip> with SMTP id 18mr3589904wfn.72.1237933912956;
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:31:52 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <support@salesforce.com>
Received: from smtp07-sjl.mta.salesforce.com (smtp07-sjl.mta.salesforce.com [204.14.234.70])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 27si1116005wfa.50.2009.03.24.15.31.51;
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:31:52 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <support@salesforce.com>
X-SFDC-Interface: internal
Received: from [10.226.81.7] ([10.226.81.7:39751] helo=na6-app1-6-sjl.ops.sfdc.net)
by mx1-sjl.mta.salesforce.com (envelope-from <support@salesforce.com>)
(ecelerity 2.2.2.39 r()) with ESMTP
id 43/F0-10246-75F59C94; Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:31:51 +0000
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:31:51 +0000 (GMT)
From: "support@salesforce.com" <support@salesforce.com>
To: <snip>
Message-ID: <11349288.179511237933911773.JavaMail.sfdc@na6-app1-6-sjl.ops.sfdc.net>
Subject: Problem loading error page for Force.com site "root"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-SFDC-LK: 00D80000000La4L
X-SFDC-User: 00580000001glsT
X-Sender: postmaster@salesforce.com
X-mail_abuse_inquiries: http://www.salesforce.com/company/abuse.jsp
X-SFDC-Binding: 1WrIRBV94myi25uB

There was a problem loading the FileNotFound page -- the designated Page Not Found Page (404) for Force.com site "root" -- when processing the following URL request: http://bhivesb1-developer-edition.na6.force.com/.

 

AtnMAtnM

I just ran into the same problem with setting the home page to a managed package page,

 

I've noticed the same thing it's hit and miss. Sometimes STGCMS__StantiveHome will work and then I'll refresh and it won't be found

 

Scott

Message Edited by AtnM on 03-27-2009 06:29 AM