function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
crocodilecrocodile 

Developer edition supports for making an organization as multitenant?

Hi,

I have an organization called Sales Portal in Salesforce.com. This Sales Portal consists of 5 tabs. Now i want to make this Sales Portal as multi tenant. Am using Developers Edition.Is it possible to make an organization as multi tenant in Developers Edition account? If not.. plz suggest me an edition which supports for making an organization as multitenant.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

-Nath

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
You would need Customer portal for this use case. Once the users are authenticated via portal they will become a known user that are tied to contacts and accounts in your org.

All Answers

BulentBulent

Nath,

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve?

The org you are using is sharing an instance with many other orgs (multi tenancy).

do you mean you want to create customer portal and allow your end users to login to your portal and only see their own data?

Message Edited by Bulent on 03-23-2009 06:07 PM
crocodilecrocodile

Thanks Bulent Cinarkaya for your quick reply.

I want to offer Sales Portal as a service to two companies comp1 & comp2. Assuming comp1 consists of 100 employees & comp2 consists of 100 employees.

Any employee of these two companies can access Sales Portal. By supplying Employee-ID and Password as credentials, he/she is allowed to raise a ticket. While raising a ticket, There is no field/dropdownList to mention their company name.

My Qusetion is: For any ticket, how to identify whether it is raised by comp1 employee or comp2 employee? Please Suggest me a way to identify the company name of the raised ticket. Also provide any resources to offer an application as a SaaS. Any suggestions are welcome....

Thanks in adv,

-Nath

BulentBulent
You would need Customer portal for this use case. Once the users are authenticated via portal they will become a known user that are tied to contacts and accounts in your org.
This was selected as the best answer