function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeremyWhiteley.ax469JeremyWhiteley.ax469 

Is using sites really economical?

I am thinking about developing an Ecommerce site using sites, however I am running to some economic issues. First being costs.   If I have an ecommerce application, which would get millions of hits a month, the cost to host it per month is going to be north of 3k.   Then when I add customers that want to check thier accounts, I understand that I need a customer portal license as well.   So if I have 20k customers, I am looking at 20K per month in portal fees, yet maybe only 200 or 300 users will log in to thier portal each month.    

I am wondering if I am missing anything here?   I have tried to talk to sales about this, but I haven't heard back.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
Ask about the login based licenses where you pay based on number of login vs. number of users

All Answers

Scott JorgensenScott Jorgensen

The part you are missing is that Customer Portal licenses for 200-300 users per month will not cost anything close to $20K per month.  It would be a lot more like $1000 per month, maybe more maybe less... but certainly not $20K per month.  

Talk with a sales person at salesforce.com to get pricing for your scenario.

BulentBulent
Ask about the login based licenses where you pay based on number of login vs. number of users
This was selected as the best answer