function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gsarguccigsargucci 

More sites authentication

Hi,

I've seen that the topic of sites authentication has been discussed at some length in another thread in this forum.  Can someone confirm for me, however, that if I wanted to implement authentication aside from customer portal, I'd have to roll it more or less (or completely?) from scratch myself?

If so, are there any 3rd party libraries/AppExchange apps/Apex classes that facilitate that?  For example, session management (for sites), password hashing, checking for authentication bypass, etc...

Any insights are most welcome...

Thanks  in advance,

Alex

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

Alex,

we do not support and we do not recommend any other authentication other than portal authentication which is out of the box supported 

All Answers

BulentBulent

Alex,

we do not support and we do not recommend any other authentication other than portal authentication which is out of the box supported 

This was selected as the best answer
SSoftsquareSSoftsquare

Bulent,

How much would Customer Portal cost for 500 users? Our client wants to deploy an online application form for approximately 500 registered customers. Another option is to do this in PHP and use Force.com as data store and the application form HTML in PHP. That could cut license costs substantially. Any thoughts?

Andi Giri 

BulentBulent

You really need to talk to your account executive. Discussion boards are not the ideal place to get a quote. You'll have options based on users or based on logins etc..

php means you need to have hardware, software, integration, maintenance etc.. When you think about cost you need to consider all of the other elements as well. Even with php, you would need a license to login and you don't want to hard code un/pwd on your pages.

asgirisoftasgirisoft

Bulent,

SFDC Customer Portal licenses are prohibitively expensive for our client.

Unless the upcoming SFDC CP volume pricing is aggressive, my client may choose to implement the VC part of MVC and .NET and have the Model in SFDC. They would be using .NET controls for authentication.

Andi Giri