function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Br1Br1 

Sites packaging

I'm doing a managed package that works with sites, at my app i expose some apex classes, pages , and set some permissions to my custom objects to make it public and accessible to the site.

How all this information can be packaged? where i can find info about that ?

I have seen at the summer'09 features a intro but the info are not sufficient.

thanks.

brx.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

You can include the visualforce pages, apex classes that you use on your sites, but you can't package site configuration.

After you install your package you need to configure your site (manually or via metadata api) 

All Answers

BulentBulent

You can include the visualforce pages, apex classes that you use on your sites, but you can't package site configuration.

After you install your package you need to configure your site (manually or via metadata api) 

This was selected as the best answer
Br1Br1

Bulent , thanks for the reply, i have a related question about the classes and pages packaging :

I have done a managed package (in beta to test the installation), after that, i install the package at a dev org with sites enabled, as you said before, i do the site configuration, but when i try to enable apex classes to my site, the classes of the installed package doesn't appear at the multi select to give public access.

I have changed the API version from 14.0 to 15 at the classes, then uploaded the package again, and installed it another time at other org, but the package classes doesn't show at the multi select.

Only the default classes are there.

Message Edited by Br1 on 05-22-2009 05:23 PM
BulentBulent
you need to do this on the site public access settings page. We centralized site access settings only via this page
Br1Br1

i know , what i do is:

Setup > Sites > Click on sitelabel > Public Access Settings >  Enabled Apex Class Access > Edit

But the classes installed with the package doesn't appear at the left picklist to enable.

BulentBulent

Here is the part from the online help related to the apex class security

If you have installed a managed package in your organization, you can set security only for the Apex classes in

that package that are declared as global, or for classes that contain methods declared as webService.

Br1Br1

thanks again Bulent!!

br1