function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brijesh_85Brijesh_85 

Save Button is not visible while making VF page public using Site

Hi All,

I felt one strange behaviour of VF page. I developed one VF page. I am using save button in it. It works fine.

When I am making this VF page public using Sites. The Page gets loaded without save button. In my VF page I have included one more button called Cancel. That I can see once the page gets load. But why I cant see the save buttion.

Code :

<apex: commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit"/>
 <apex: commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/>

I gave all the possible(Visible/Read/Create) permissions to the custom objects in Profile and in SiteDetails section.

Thanks in Advance

Brijesh Thakur.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

I believe you are using the standard controller, which respects sharing. There are 2 reasons that your record might not have the button:

1- make sure you have the read, create and edit objects permissions checked for the related object on the public access settings for your site

2- make sure the site guest user has the proper sharing access for the record 

All Answers

BulentBulent

I believe you are using the standard controller, which respects sharing. There are 2 reasons that your record might not have the button:

1- make sure you have the read, create and edit objects permissions checked for the related object on the public access settings for your site

2- make sure the site guest user has the proper sharing access for the record 

This was selected as the best answer
Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Thanks Bulent.

One More Question :- I need my Portal has different kind of users. Some are standard/guest user. Some are Admin User.  I want to provide some extra workflow utility to my Admin User. So that they can use my portal and they can approve/Reject from there only. from starting ,I am very much confuse about authentication.

Currently.  My portal can allow authenticated user. And those user can submit records. Now that record has been approved/reject by admin user. How can I achieve it.

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur

BulentBulent

You need to do a bit custom work here.

Portal setup has a default profile.

so, let the self service registration assign the default profile to users.

then you can trigger a workflow based on registration info and admins can later change the profile of selected users from default to more advanced profile 

Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Thanks Again Bulent.

I got the point.

One more thing  I am developing portal for Intranet.There I have already a list of users.I dont want Registration Functionality for my portal. Is there any mechanism so that I can create User and assign role and profile to them.

And One more question :- Now After login User/Admin ,I want to fetch the User record whose profile is "Custom:Custom Portal Manager". Can you please tell me how can I write Join query for User & Profile Objects or User , Roles Objects. I know the concept behind join query using SOQL. I have already written join query for my Custom Objects.

Just Give me the example of Join Query of Standard Objects.[User, Profile] [User, Role]

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur

Message Edited by Brijesh_85 on 06-02-2009 10:12 PM
BulentBulent

in this case remove the selfservice registration related visualforce pages from your site and you can enable contacts for portal manually. Drill down to the contact details page and click the "enable for Customer Portal" button

you can have a query for the user/profile like the following

select U.Id, U.Username, U.Name, U.IsActive, U.Profile.Name, U.UserType from User U where U.IsActive = true and U.Profile.Name= 'Custom:Custom Portal Manager'

Message Edited by Bulent on 06-03-2009 11:20 AM
Brijesh_85Brijesh_85

Thanks Again.

One More Important thing.I want to do session handlling. On My Visual Force page.

I am Using {!$User.FirstName} {!User.LastName}  {!$Profile.Name}.

It gives me the details of the user who logged in to my portal. It means it automatically handles session.Is it ??

and what if I want to put some fields in session  so that I will be available on any VF Page throughout to my Portal.

Regards,

Brijesh Thakur