function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BulentBulent 

CMSForce app is available on Appexchange now

CMSforce is a great Force.com Labs application that allows business users:

• Manage your websites content using a WYSIWYG editor
  • Create web page templates for a uniform look and feel on your site
  • Create public landing pages and collect information into any object in Salesforce

You can find this app free on AppExchange. 

The code is also available as an opensource project at code share

Message Edited by Bulent on 07-16-2009 11:03 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
David VPDavid VP

See also my answer here :

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=scontrols&message.id=2589

(Try not to cross post in the forums please)

David

All Answers

thinkdatathinkdata
I feel like such an ignoramous, but just how are CMSForce pages exposed externally?  I can get the HomePage up within a Site, but where does it go from there?
BulentBulent

CMSforce has only 2 visualforce pages (other than templates):

1- homepage: finds the page record in cmsforce marked as home page and redirects to the "/page?id=xxxxxx"

2- page: page renders the page defined in cmsforce via the record id 

All you need to do is to publish these two pages for your site (you need to set the public access settings on your site properly as well).

these are all documented in cmsforce implementation document 

Message Edited by Bulent on 07-27-2009 03:21 PM
thinkdatathinkdata

aha!  maybe it is just me, but the document ommited your #2

• - page: page renders the page defined in cmsforce via the record id 

others may come up against this, so here is the trick:

• is to get the ID from the CMSForce Page (displayed in the URL when you are on the Pages form)
  • add it to the end of your site default directory:
    • e.g.  "http://sitename.force.com/sitestub/page?pageid=XXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Doug

Newbie_77Newbie_77

Hi, I installed this free app in the development environment for trial basis before i implement in production. During installation, the final steps (see below) are provided. I'm not clear if installing this free app will change our existing settings for documents, dashboards, email templates, workflows, tasks.  I want to make sure it does not change our existing settings.  Can someone verify please?  I'm concerned about #1-6 below. Thanks

1. Change the visibility settings for any installed documents, reports, dashboards, letterheads, email templates, and custom fields on standard objects. by default, these components are visible to all users.

2. Set the Running User for any installed dashboards or analystic snapshots; by default, it is set to you.

3. Specifiy the appropriate recipients for any installed workflow tasks.

4. Specifiy the appropriate assignees for any installed workflow alerts.

5. Specify the appropriate user for workflow field updates that modify the Owner field or user lookups; by default, it is set to you.

6. Create a schedule for any installed analystic snapshots.

7. Configure any additional settings for this package from the package detail page.

8. Deploy the package by clicking Deploy Now below. You can also do this at any time in the future from the package detail page.

David VPDavid VP

See also my answer here :

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=scontrols&message.id=2589

(Try not to cross post in the forums please)

David

This was selected as the best answer