function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IgorDBAIgorDBA 

Querying FeedComments, FeedPost and FeedTrackedChanges - Question

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, to the cloud concept and to SalesForce, all together, so bear with me if what I'm asking doesn't make too much sense.

I have a requirement to pull/read, 3 tables used by the Chatter feature, down to our data warehouse. However, I do understand these are new tables and there are some issues associated with reading from them.

The tables that I'm trying to read are:

FeedComments

FeedPost

FeedTrackedChanges

Our current solution, DBAmp (From ForceAmp - http://www.forceamp.com/) cannot see these 3 tables.

Since we are a Microsoft shop, we also tried to leverage SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services, ETL Tool) to perform this task and again, SSIS is not able to see these 3 tables either. We tested SalesForce SSIS connectors from Pragmatic Works and CozyRoc, but none of them seems to allow us to see these tables.

I guess the only other solution will be writing a custom .NET code to perform this task, but we want to stay away from that.

Is anyone running through this same scenario? Have you guys been able to read these tables? Can anyone offer me some help on this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

-Igor Santos

cfahertycfaherty

Hi.  Are you certain that Chatter is enabled for your user?  For example, if you do not have it enabled, and/with the new UI theme, these tables will not be available via the Web API.

It's kinda funny that way, which is a shame because I dislike the new UI because it works terribly with Chrome, but I still need Chatter in the API for my other projects.

IgorDBAIgorDBA

Hey Potatoho,

Thanks for your reply. 

I don't know how to check if chatter is enabled, how can I check this?

Thanks,

-Igor

cfahertycfaherty

Setup -> App Setup -> Customize -> Chatter -> Settings.

Ganesh RaiGanesh Rai

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem.

I need to migrate chatter data from one organization to other but am not able to query FeedComments and FeedTrackedChanges object in data loader.

Can anyone suggest any possible wayout to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Ganesh Rai

forceAMPforceAMP

DBAmp can see all the Chatter tables without a problem. Normally, this issue is related to the security profile of the salesforce user.

If you are still having an issue, file a case with us so we can take a look.