function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
seahorceseahorce 

Turning off updates a user sees when they make a change

Is there any way to turn off updates a user sees when they make a change to a record they own?  I don't want my feed to show changes I make because I know I have made them.

However, I could see how you would want them to appear when someone else comments or likes them.  Would this be custom VF page to show me only the feeds I want?

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

There is no supported way of doing this. I guess you could write a custom VF page with a custom chatter component (you won't be able to use the standard chatter:feed VF tags) that queries the respective entity feed object and filters out the 'Tracked Changes' records that the user created himself/herself. Theoretically possible I guess, but lots of work (especially if you want this across all objects for which Chatter is enabled) and definitely not recommended.

cloudcodercloudcoder

What about using a before insert Trigger on FeedItems? Triggers on FeedItem and FeedComment are supported in Spring 11

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

FeedItems of type 'TrackedChange' and 'UserStatus' don't invoke the new Spring 11 Chatter triggers. In other words, when a tracked field changes on a record, it won't fire any FeedItem/FeedComment triggers. Triggers are therefore not an option in this case.

Moreover, as I understand it, the user only wants to hide/filter certain tracked changes updates from the Chatter UI. Triggers wouldn't have helped with any UI customization anyways.

cloudcodercloudcoder

Ah I didnt read the 'tracked changes' part....thanks