function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SPOCSPOC 

Migrating chatter data from one org to other

Hi,

Can I get information on how to migrate chatter data such as feeds,comments.group comments,documents from one organization to other.

Thanks in advance.

cloudcodercloudcoder

Have you looked at the Force.com Migration Tool? http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_Migration_Tool

SPOCSPOC

chatter data is stored in the following objects:

1.<object>Feed

2.FeedComment

3.FeedPost

4.FeedTrackedChange

Out of which data cannot be retrieved directly from 

2.FeedComment

3.FeedPost

4.FeedTrackedChange

I have to write nested query to get the data.Even then I am getting only few data for the below query.Not able to understand how to proceed

SELECT Id, Type,CreatedById, CreatedBy.FirstName, CreatedBy.LastName,ParentId, Parent.Name,FeedPostId, FeedPost.Body, FeedPost.Title,(SELECT Id, FieldName, OldValue, NewValue FROM FeedTrackedChanges ORDER BY Id DESC),(SELECT Id, CommentBody, CreatedDate,CreatedById, CreatedBy.FirstName, CreatedBy.LastName FROM FeedComments ORDER BY CreatedDate LIMIT 10) FROM <object>__Feed ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC

Can I get some help .

Actually I need to know is it possible to move chatter data from one org to other.If so by what means.

Thanks In Advance.

cloudcodercloudcoder

I just checked my Spring 11 org under Data Management --> Data Export and I can select all the data you requested - FeedPosts, FeedComments and FeedTrackedChanges.. Try it out in a Spring 11 org

davcondevdavcondev

What is the equivalent operation in free chatter?

TonnisthaTonnistha

Hi,

We too need to migrate chatter feeds, but am not sure how these export going to help .

Anybody is having any handson experience on that , please do share.

Thanks in advance,

T.sarkar