function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jappenzeller2jappenzeller2 

Detail control and ShowChatter

We have a custom page where we use the detail control, I set the showchatter attribute to true and it seems there's a bug.  The chatter control shows up, but it seems there's some type of div tag issue.  History doesn't show and when you click hide chatter it hides the entire page.   This is the javascript error that comes up when i navigate to the page.  Anyone else experience this?

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Creative AutoUpdate v1.40.01)
Timestamp: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 21:49:42 UTC

Line: 8
Char: 46580
Code: 0
URI: https://c.na7.visual.force.com/EXT/ext-3.0.0/ext-core.js

sebcossebcos

Hi,

apologies but I have to ask: is chatter enabled in the org?

Yes, it works fine everywhere else.  The only issue we have is with the detail control and this javascript error. 

I should also add it only happens when a record has a history.  When there are no updates listed in chatter the control works fine.

sebcossebcos

Hi,

I understand from your user agent that you are using IE8?

Have you tried with another browser? Do you get the same or similar error?

Same behavior in firefox, chrome and safari.

sebcossebcos

Can you replicate this issue in another environment? What version are you on : Spring 11 or Winter 11?

Can you share the visualforce page that causes the issue? 

Sandbox is spring, production is winter.  Happens in both.  That autorun method just does a single @future call.  

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="ContactViewController" action="{!autoRun}">

<apex:detail showchatter="true" />

</apex:page>
sebcossebcos

Hi, I tried to reproduce it but nothing. You might wanto to log a case for this.

One last question: any visualforce page snippet in the page layout?

I just removed the couple of custom vforce pages we had embedded and no luck.  It happens on accounts, contacts and opportunities and we don't have anything in common on all of those layouts.  You have the link to submit a case?  I'm totally stumped on this.

I just removed every single custom button, all fields and related lists from the layout.  The only thing left is the contact name and account name.  Still giving the error.  

sebcossebcos

Hi Sarge,

you can submit a case from your own org from the Help in the My Cases tab:

https://na2.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=support . You can give admin access to support for the next week or so so that they can login into your org.