function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vishnu1vishnu1 

chatter status update

Im new to salesforce chatter and tried to  update status through the following code

<apex:page>
<apex:form>
<apex:inputText value="{!status}" id="status" maxlength="100" />
<apex:commandLink style="button" value="Update User Status" action="{!doUserStatus}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

but got an error like this "Error: Unknown property 'status' referenced in fFirst1"

plz help me out..?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_

Welcome to the boards vishnu1.  Your Visualforce page looks like it's missing the Apex that should execute. 

I recommend checking out the Visualforce Workbook to get started with Visualforce and then checking out the developer resources on the Chatter resource page whcih includes another workbook (just for Chatter) as well as code recipes that include a recipe for updating status.

All Answers

Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_

Welcome to the boards vishnu1.  Your Visualforce page looks like it's missing the Apex that should execute. 

I recommend checking out the Visualforce Workbook to get started with Visualforce and then checking out the developer resources on the Chatter resource page whcih includes another workbook (just for Chatter) as well as code recipes that include a recipe for updating status.

This was selected as the best answer
vishnu1vishnu1

:smileyhappy:thanks.i will try out the workbook