function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sridivyasridivya 

How to Get Chatter in Old version logins(ver 17 &ver 18) Urgent .Pls Help.

hai  Friends,

i am new to chatter developement, My client requirement is enable chatter on Old SFDC account,versions like 18 or 17. can u please guide me how i can get chatter in old logins.

Thanksin Advance

Sri

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you explain a bit more about what old version logins mean?  How are these logins tied to earlier versions of the product?

sridivyasridivya

Thanks for reply,

My client logins are created before chatter has been introduced to Force.com .Now he want chatter in his logins.How i can get chatter in that logins.is there any setting to load?pls help me

Thanksin Advance

Sri

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You should just be able to turn on chatter.

Go to Setup -> App Setup -> Customize -> Chatter -> Settings and ensure the checkbox labelled 'Enable' is ticked.  That will enable it for all users in the organization.

sridivyasridivya

bob,

Sfdc accounts were created  before Chatter was  introduced, so how we can get chatter in Settings bob.Actually your saying how to enable chatter for org. can u please help me in this area.We are struggling here.

Thanksin Advance

Sri

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When chatter became generally available, your organization would have been upgrade to support chatter (summer 10 release as far as I recall).

The user accounts shouldn't need anything done to them, you should just enable chatter on the setup.