function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sandeep@sfdcSandeep@sfdc 

Problem in FeedItem Trigger

I wrote a trigger agnist Feeditem .The problem is , When any other user writes a feed to me then the trigger gets fired but when I write my own(I.e when I change my status) the trigger is not fired . Also when I update any object (That I selected for feed tracking) the trigger is not fired .

Please help me with this.

Andrea mAndrea m

hi,

I found this in the docs that i think may be useful :

"FeedItems of type 'UserStatus' and 'TrackedChange' don't invoke the triggers. In other words, if a user updates his/her own status in Chatter or if a tracked field changes value, those events won't fire any triggers. Instead, you can write a trigger on the respective SObject if you want to act on a change to a field value and you can write a trigger on the User object (as demonstrated in the next recipe) for taking some action based on a user updating his/her Chatter status. "

here's the link : http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Chatter_Code_Recipes

recipe num 12 explains hot to capture userstatus posts.

cloudcodercloudcoder

That's correct - updating your user status updates a field on the User object. You can write a trigger on the User object and check if the status field is updated.

rtuttlertuttle

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I seem to have found a gap now that they've changed the API.  FeedItem triggers still don't catch user status posts for API, but it does catch them for UI posted FeedItems.  I've had to resort to using a trigger on the older API (25 I believe) on the User object to be able to catch it.  Is that expected or is this a bug?

--Richard