function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
new2forcenew2force 

Regarding site integration

Hi I have a login page in my sites in salesforce. the VF page takes username and Password as input aand in controller

Site.login(uname,pwd,<our destination page>) is working properly. now another organization wants to keep login page in their website and when they enter the details it should authenticate and take into the same destination page. here in sites, we will write necessaruy controls in controller. in the other website they r using php. there the contoller will be in action attubute of  form tag. Can someone help me out here.

Is this possible using WebServices?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can either:

1) Pass the authentication information directly into login.salesforce.com with a startURL for your intended destination (but you lose control of failed attempts), or

2) You can log them in using Web Services and then pass them through frontdoor.jsp to have the session be set correctly when successful. frontdoor.jsp takes a sid parameter (the successfully logged in Session ID) and a retURL (the final destination of the login attempt).

You don't necessarily have to pass your logins through your login page in order to successfully log them in.

Edit: See http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/frontdoor-jsp-apostrophes-and-double-quotes/td-p/12041 for a discussion on frontdoor.jsp.

new2forcenew2force

hey sorry but i didnt get  what u r saying.  can u plz tell me any article to read.

what about webservices? i have learnt how to consume web services. so u want me to provide web services? then he should know how to make use of web services class.

Can u plz also tell me is it possible in the direct way ot it is very complex(the requirement). sothat i can ask them time