function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AndreiGAndreiG 

One Site: two different pages - Do I need two guest licenses?

Hi! I would like to know: I have activated one site. I need that one page (with direct link ) to give acces for editing, adding new records; the other one just for reading the public records. Do I need two guest licenses in this case ? Thank you. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

There is one guest user per site. Each site can have many pages.

All Answers

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

There is one guest user per site. Each site can have many pages.

This was selected as the best answer
AndreiGAndreiG

Hi! Thank you for your reply! Yes I understand that a site can have more than one page and I need only one guest user.
But: Still... as far as I need that some public users to edit, add records and others just to read I need two different pages with two direct links. I understood that in this case I need two guest licenses, in order to acomplish this task. It is right? 

Also, please help me to find out where I could find information about guest licenses price and cost for additional page views. Thanks.

goabhigogoabhigo

It can have only one direct link.

Do this, in the link include a parameter, say read, and set it to 0 when the page is to be opened for adding,editing etc, 1 when it is opened for reading.

Use 'rendered' for pageBlocks to show/hide based on this parameter.

AndreiGAndreiG

Thanks! I will try this solution. So, as far as I understood, some users will have access to edit the records and in the same time others just to view them. Did I get this right?

goabhigogoabhigo

Bulls eye !!! :)

AndreiGAndreiG

abhi_the: 1"Do this, in the link include a parameter, say read, and set it to 0 when the page is to be opened for adding,editing etc, 1 when it is opened for reading.Use 'rendered' for pageBlocks to show/hide based on this parameter."
Please, can you be more explicit about this solution? How this  will resolve the task:  two different pages - one for editing and adding new records, the other one just for reading the records.
Thanks!