function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amit Singh.ax1042Amit Singh.ax1042 

can we track customer portal users in LMA?

Hi friends,

i have a problem with Customer Portal.

could any one tell me that "can we track customer portal users in LMA?"

suppose i am developing an app and created managed package then deployed it in Appexchange and using LMA(Sales org) to control licenses(who is using our App)...

Now if My clients are using site..then can we track their customer portal users??

Drew1815Drew1815

No, not explicitly. The LMA license will allow X number of licenses. That includes all users in the customer org including portal. 

Example: The LMA license says a customer gets 10 licenses of your app. The customer administrator is granting those licenses and give 5 Salesforce CRM users a license, and the remaining 5 go to customer portal licensed users. Within LMA, you will see that 10 out of 10 licenses are being used. It won't be broken out by license type. 

Amit Singh.ax1042Amit Singh.ax1042

Thanks Drew,

but i have some confusion..let me try to explain you,

Suppose i have created A managed package(Which Contains my App say "Recruiting").i have installed LMA in my sales org,and listed my App in Appexchange..

Now Subscriber can install my App.... and all the things(like how many no. of licencses he is using) we can track through LMA..

Now if i have given him 10 licenses to subscribber..and if for our App subscribers Admin is using 5 customer portal licese and 5 salesforce platform....

and i want to charge for my App according to licese he has..(say 100$ for salesforce platform and 50$ for customer portal license)....

can i do this???

how?