function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KD119KD119 

Unable to redirect on logout

Hi,

I have created sites and provided access to it for Customer Portal users. I used the /secur/logout.jsp in my logout links intially and when ever a user clicks on it they were redirected to my website which was setup as the logout URL in the customer portal settings.

Due to requirements I changed the logout to a custom visual force page and then called the /secur/logout.jsp using hidden iframe in the page. The logout was performed and the users were getting redirected to the logout URL.

With another requirement change I disabled the redirect to the logout URL by not providing any value for the field in the customer portal setting.

Now I have set a redirect link back to my website, upon logout it tries to redirect by fails and stays in the custom page itself. If I directly provide the link to /secur/logout.jsp then on logout it redirects me correctly.

What is happening to the link? I would like to go to the custom logout page first and then get redirected to the website that is provided in the Logout URL field. What needs to be done.

Thanks

KD

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
KD119KD119

Hi,

Found the problem.

The Iframe that was calling the secur/logout.jsp page was getting redirected to the link provided in the Customer portal setup.

I have now included the HTML meta tag to make the redirect to the required page by setting a timer.

the tag that was used was

<metahttp-equiv="refresh"content="2; url=TargetPage.aspx"/>

Got this info from some Asp.Net forum.

Thanks

KD

All Answers

Ryan-GuestRyan-Guest

Do you have a link to the page that we can look at?

KD119KD119

Hi,

Found the problem.

The Iframe that was calling the secur/logout.jsp page was getting redirected to the link provided in the Customer portal setup.

I have now included the HTML meta tag to make the redirect to the required page by setting a timer.

the tag that was used was

<metahttp-equiv="refresh"content="2; url=TargetPage.aspx"/>

Got this info from some Asp.Net forum.

Thanks

KD

This was selected as the best answer