function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnaisAnais 

Urgent -> Using App created on one business account

Hello!

I am sorry if I talk about something which has already been explained a lot of time but I am new at Force.com...

I did the tutorial about building Contact Form which auto-populate the appropriate fields in salesforce database, my boss told me to one almost like this one, so I created a DE account and developed it. It works well, but know I have to make it works on the company account (in order to complete the company account fields and not mine).

So, I don't know if I have to export the form in the company account (I tried to do that but I don't understand how it works).

I am a bit desperate right know, I hope somebody can help me quickly.

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You cannot code in professional edition. Does your manager know it?

Did you take a look at the out of box web to lead form? Navigate to setup - customize - Leads - Web to lead. This should help in your case. You can host this form in your site (company's site).

You can style this w2L form using css if you want.

Thanks.

All Answers

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You can use your eclipse ide or ant tool to migrate the required from your DE to your compnay org sandbox. If you are familiar with any one of these tools then the process is fairly straight forward.

Thanks.

AnaisAnais

Hi,

I just don't know how to do that from developerforce DE, could you help me with that please?

Thank you.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

What tool did you use for your development?

Or did you directly write the code in the UI?

Even if your project did not involve any development, and you had to do ustomizations via clicking, use any of the below tools or you can always re-create the entire customization all over again in your company sandbox.

If it is the later i would first recommend you downloading eclipse and follow force.com ide installation in this doc : http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE

Or Ant tool : http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Migration_Tool_Guide 

Thanks.

AnaisAnais

Hi,

Okay, I would like to re-create the customization in the company sandbox but I don't have "Sandbox" in Data Management (in the company account) but I have all administration rights. 

Why can't I have access to that?

Thanks!

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

If there is no sandbox for your company, do it directly in the production (point and click customizations). coding in production directly is not possible though.

Thanks.

AnaisAnais

Hi,

I did not understand your answer (I am really sorry).

If I now, create my form on eclipse IDE, I will have to export it in the company sandbox right? But if I can't create a sandbox..I couldn't use my form...

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You have done some customizations in your Developer edition, right?

Now you want to do the same thing in your organization (either it be a production instance or sandbox instance), right?

In order to move customizations from DE to your org, you can use eclipse ide. First you have to create a new force.com project in your eclipse with your DE customizations. Then expand the project tree and select all your customizations, do a right click and select force.com -- deploy to server. Give your org credentials here and continue with the wizard to deploy the customizations.

In your organization, did you login via url :  login.salesforce.com or test.salesforce.com ? Can you confirm what edition are you on? In your browser header the edition would be displayed after you login to your org.

I am really not sure how else should i explain.

Thanks.

AnaisAnais

Hi,

So yes I have done some customizations in my DE that I want to deploy in the organization.

I used (few minutes ago) eclipse ide and created a new force.com project with my customizations in there.

I gave the org credentials to deploy the customization to the server, but now it says:

"Force.com projects require an organization with the Metadata API enabled.

API is not enabled for this organization or partner. "

I login via login.salesforce.com

I have in my browser na7.salesforce.com

Thank you

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

What edition are you on? Contact manager? Group? professional?

If the API is not included in your org then, you may have to just re-create in your company org directly via UI.

May i know what exactly does your customizations list include?

Thanks.

AnaisAnais

HI,

It is a Professional Edition.

I reused the contact form showed as an example, i took off some fields, use a stylesheet, and it send a mail everyt time someone click on the save button to our sales team. That's it. And I wanted that this form could be used in any website or blog and could auto-populate the appropriate fields in our company account in salesforce.com.

How do I re-create the API via UI (I am sorry I am really new at this)

Thanks

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Are you talking about web to lead form?  

AnaisAnais

Hi,

Yes I am talking about this form.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

It is readily available as out of box in your org, right? All you have to do is copy the form that you created in dev org and paste it in your comapny org. Create new custom fields and Modify field mappings if there are any. Use workflow rule's email alert to notify your sales teams if there is any new lead.

AnaisAnais

Hi,

I wanted to do that at first: to create my form in the company org but in order to that I need to create:

- a Page

- an Apex Classe

- a Ressource (for the Design)

And to manage Sites.

The last three composants are not available on the company org. That is why I had to used a DE, but know I don't know what I should do.

Thanks.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

You cannot code in professional edition. Does your manager know it?

Did you take a look at the out of box web to lead form? Navigate to setup - customize - Leads - Web to lead. This should help in your case. You can host this form in your site (company's site).

You can style this w2L form using css if you want.

Thanks.

This was selected as the best answer
AnaisAnais

Hi,

Thank you for everything, I am going to use the web to lead form, use CSS to design it and try to understand how to send a mail every time a new lead enters.

Thank you again!

EIE50EIE50

No problem sir.

In between, do go through workflows and email alerts available out of box in salesforce. 

If you get stuck some where then post your problem, community will help you out.

Thanks.

AnaisAnais

Hi,

Okay Here I am blocked again. 

I have seen I can create Email alerts on my DE but not on the company org...

What I want is to send a mail every time someone complete the contact form and click on "save". But if I want that, I have to put the script on the document on <form action="..."> right?

But there is already a document here because I am using the out of box web to lead form..

Thanks

EIE50EIE50

Sorry, i dint realize the fact that you were using profiessional edition and suggested you using workflow rules.

At this point, i too dont have an answer for your problem other than asking you to vote for this idea,

http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC&id=08730000000BrNvAAK

You better discuss this problem with your manager as your edition is not capable of handling this.

Thanks.

AnaisAnais

Okay, I will see that with my manager.

Thanks for everything =)