function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alannabalannab 

Can't log in to Force Explorer (Beta)

I just installed Adobe Air and the Force Explorer (Beta). When I try to log in using my salesforce.com login, I get the followign error message: Login Failed: INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Does anyone else have this problem?

jquittentonjquittenton

Yes, I have this problem too. I spoke to Salesforce support and they said they would investigate.

JeffStevensJeffStevens

Any resolution on this yet?

I'm having the same issue (version .58A)

colemabcolemab

Are you running .058A BETA?

I had to upgrade to resolve this issue.

Beta can be found at: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/ForceExplorer

reversolereversole

I just updated to AIR 3.0 and installed the .058A beta and I am getting the invalid login error.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

pwatsonpwatson

I have the same problem. Cannot login.

Is this a viable tool or not?

pwatsonpwatson

Login failed: INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Mayank_JoshiMayank_Joshi

Hi , 

try login using your password with security token . Like for an example :  'PasswordSecurityToken ' .

Let me know , if it helps you . One more way is to try with sessionID . You can generate SessionId with this Vf page :

<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" contentType="application/javascript" cache="false">
var _my_sfdcSession = "{!$Api.Session_Id}";
</apex:page> 

Best Regards,

Mayank Joshi 

rpsfdcrpsfdc

Thanks Mayank. That resolved my issue (add security token to the password and login)

dlastoriadlastoria

This also resolved my problem. This should be clearly documented somewhere in the tool, as this is not intuitive.

4Spires4Spires

Also having this problem, plus I don't know what the security token is nor where to enter it.  Now what? 

dlastoriadlastoria

You can get your security token sent you via email through the following option in SFDC.

Click on your name>>Setup>>Personal Setup>>My Personal Information>>Reset My Security Token

Provided your user has the correct email address, you should receive an email with your new security token.

You may need to append this to your password when you log into Force.com Explorer.

4Spires4Spires

Thank you, diastoria. That enabled me to log into one of our dev accounts, but not to my actual PE account. Investigating further...

sheirsheir

New to SF.

Just installed the Force Explorer Beta 0.58A (checked for updates says none).

Username:  put in the email I use for SFDC

password:  same one I login to SFDC with

Client ID:   what do I put here?   the security token? 

Environment:  Production or devloper edition

Hostname:  www.salesforce .com

everything else is default settings

I have tried combinations of

password: my SFDC pw

client ID:   [blank]

or

password: my SFDC pw

client ID:   security token

or

password: security token + my SFDC pw

client ID:   [blank]

or

password: security token + my SFDC pw

client ID:   security token

Seem no matter what combination I try, I keep getting the error:

Login failed: INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Very frustrating being a new developer to SF.

Haver a question about SOSL using .NET C# too but not sure where to post that inquery.

colemabcolemab

Sheir,

In my setup, the client id is blank.

The password is your password followed by your security token.

• Make sure that you have the correct security token.
  • Make sure that when you copy and paste it you aren't picking up extra spaces or characters.
  • Check that you have "API Enabled" on your profile.
sheirsheir

Thank you very much for that.

It seems that the Force.com Explorer is only for SOQL queries.

Is there a similar tool for testing out SOSL queries such as:

FIND {0031651102015 OR 031651102015 OR 31651102015 OR \\+31651102015 OR 651102015 OR \\+651102015} IN PHONE FIELDS RETURNING USER(Title,Department,Name,Id),CONTACT(Title,Name,Id),ACCOUNT(Type,AccountNumber,Name,Id),LEAD(Company,Title,LeadSource,Name,Id)

Mayank_JoshiMayank_Joshi

Hello Sheir

You could use Developer Console to run your SOSL Query . Under Developer Console ,we have a facility to Run/compile Pseudo code Or we could use Query Editor as well .

You can find Developer Console by login into your SFDC org , under your User Name (on the Top right of Window )as dropDown values ' Developer Console' Next to 'Logout' Link . 

andy.au@gooddata.comandy.au@gooddata.com

Hello everyone,

I'm just having question if we can log in to Force Explorer  by OAuth tokens ? If so how do we set it ? I can get the refresh token and access token with other client ID and client secrect ID. What I don't have is username and password.

Please let me know if there is alternative options to log in.

Thanks,

Andy