function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aroyalaroyal 

How to enable salesforce users to Login to Sites except customer Portal users

I need to enable salesforce users to login into sites , It only allows Customer portal Users.

I dont know which users can be authenticated in  Sites.

Can we login as Standard user or Administrator in sites?

What are all the ways to login into Sites ?

Can anyone help me for this .......

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Sites are unauthenticated pages. You can configure your Site to authenticate users into the customer or partner portal. So only portal users can authenticate from a Site page (unauthenticated) to a portal page (authenticated).

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Sites are unauthenticated pages. You can configure your Site to authenticate users into the customer or partner portal. So only portal users can authenticate from a Site page (unauthenticated) to a portal page (authenticated).

This was selected as the best answer
MoysieMoysie

Is it possible to allow standard users (ie sales cloud or force.com licenses) to access the portal pages with their full login?

From my understanding, they would need to have two logins.  This could be incorrect.

swimminglyswimmingly

Site pages are just visualforce pages.  The admin adds pages to a Force.com Site to make them publically available -- that is, available outside of Salesforce.  You can enable login on your Site to provide security so that only authenticated users have access to data on your public Site page. 

Salesforce users do not need to access visualforce pages through public Sites because they can access them through Salesforce. Just create a Salesforce tab for them that will access the same Visualforce page or give them a link that looks something like yourInstance/apex/yourVFpage where "yourInstance" is replaced by the https address for your salesforce org and "VFpage" is replaced by the name of the page they will access. 

You definitely do not need to set up your Salesforce users as portal users to give them authenticated access to your visualforce pages, you just need to give them a tab or a Salesforce link rather than a Site link.