function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
InfhydInfhyd 

Authorization Required Error when a VF form is submitted using a custom button

Hi,

I have created a Extended controller to documents.This VF page needs to be hosted on a site.

I have checked with all the ground rules to be followed to host the site and it is all done.

my site is :: http://sushumna-developer-edition.ap1.force.com/ApplicationForm

I am facing the following issues :

1.)When i fill in the form and submit the form(clicking a custom button) i get the error as:

Authorization Required

You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it.

2.) I have an image displayed on the VF page in the site (stored in static resources) i am unable to view it when i am accessing the site out of Salesforce i.e; when i am not logged in to my account.

Could any one help me dealing with the issue.....

Thanks in advance... :)

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent

You have a validation rule on your object.

if you want to keep this validation rule then you need to catch this error and show it to the user. 

All Answers

BulentBulent

#1) did you use your own save action in  your extension class to redirect user to a visualforce page after the save. Otherwise standard save action will try to take you to the standard page which you can not expose via sites.

#2) edit your static resource and set the cache control field as Public 

InfhydInfhyd

Hi,

To resolve the isuue faced in Point No.2 I implemented the solution provided in post.

I have changed Static Resources cache control to public.

But that couldnot still solve my issue. The image is not being displayed when I open my site outside salesforce.

For the issue mentioned in Point No.1

I have used a custom save button and not the standard save button.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks.

lopezclopezc

I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution? here is the code:

<apex:page sidebar="false" showheader="false" controller="RegisterWebinarsController"> <style> body { font-family: Arial Unicode MS; }</style> <apex:form id="webinarsForm"> <apex:outputText style="font-weight: bold;font-size:150%;" value="User Registration"/> <apex:pageMessages id="error" /> <apex:panelGrid columns="2" style="margin-top:1em;"> <apex:outputLabel value="First Name:" for="firstname" />; <apex:inputText id="firstname" value="{!lead.firstname}" /> <apex:outputLabel value="Last Name:" for="lastname" /> <apex:inputText id="lastname" value="{!lead.lastname}" /> <apex:outputLabel value="Email:" for="email" /> <apex:inputText id="email" value="{!lead.email}" /> </apex:panelGrid> <br /> <apex:commandButton value="Continue" action="{!goToConnectPro}"/> <br /> </apex:form> </apex:page>

And the standardController:

public with sharing class RegisterWebinarsController { Lead lead; public Lead getLead() { if(lead == null) lead = new Lead(); } public PageReference goToConnectPro() { createNewWebinar(); PageReference webinars = new PageReference('https://webinar.company.com'); return webinars; } public void createNewWebinar(){ System.debug(lead); lead.site_ID__c = 'ost'; lead.Company = 'NA'; insert lead; } }

The problem ocurred when inserting the new lead. I gave public permissions to the user to "read" and "create" leads but I am getting the same message:

Authorization Required

You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it.

What else I can do?

please help!

Message Edited by lopezc on 09-18-2009 06:12 AM
lopezclopezc

Hi,

I changed the code to catch the exception:

public with sharing class RegisterWebinarsController { Lead lead; public Lead getLead() { if(lead == null) lead = new Lead(); } public PageReference goToConnectPro() { createNewWebinar(); PageReference webinars = new PageReference('https://webinar.company.com'); return webinars; } public void createNewWebinar(){ System.debug(lead); lead.site_ID__c = 'ost'; lead.Company = 'NA'; try{ insert lead; }catch(Exception e){ System.debug('System exception ' + e); } } }

This is what I saw in the error logs:

System exception: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, You cannot create a demo account - please select a different prospect source.: []

How can I solve this problem?

BulentBulent

You have a validation rule on your object.

if you want to keep this validation rule then you need to catch this error and show it to the user. 

This was selected as the best answer