function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
slaneslane 

How to hide Customer Portal frame on custom authenticated Site?

Hi all:

I am building a completely customized, authentication-only site. After some work, I've managed to set it up so that users must authenticate, and when they do they're taken to the site's landing page, a custom VF page.

The problem is, I still have what I'll call the "customer portal wrapper" around the page -- it has the customer portal CSS, and the tabs for Home, Case, Solutions, Reports, Documents, as well as the sidebar.

I want all that to disappear. Basically I want the page to appear exactly as it does when I access it directly in my org.

What do I need to turn on or off to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
Probably I missing some info here but did you set the showHeader attribute false for your visualforce page?

All Answers

BulentBulent
Probably I missing some info here but did you set the showHeader attribute false for your visualforce page?
This was selected as the best answer
slaneslane

Some is missing some  info. But it's not you :-)

Solved!

That brings me to a question about how I might then enable access to Documents for these same users but I'll post that elsewhere.

smagee13smagee13

Steve,

Could you post your code that solved this problem.  Im looking to do the same type of thing.

Thanks 

slaneslane

It's really as simple as Bulent C. said above - <apex:page id="foo" showHeader="false">

Then of course you have to replace the native look and feel with your own but that's a separate issue. :-)