function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sandansansandansan 

Trying to configure users home & tabs etc from administrators computer

Hi there. I am a new salesforce user, and currently trying to develop something for our sales team at the office. (banking/finance). I am an absolute noob, so my questions are probably quite dumb.., but here goes.

Using the Force.com free licence facility, I am setting up a reasonably simple sales platform for my colleagues & manager and have been able to configure users, and got my account & contact base up. The problem is, my first test user/colleague can log in, but i cant seem to set his home page & tabs etc to be the same as mine. How do I control his screen layouts etc to be uniform and thereby create a uniform system across my user base?

Any help will be welcome...

Cheers 

charlie_vcharlie_v

Hi there.

You do it through "Profiles".

Setup | Administration Setup | Manage Users | Profiles

Click on the Profile you have assigned to the user.  Then, under the "Standard Object Layouts" category, click the [View Assignment] link beneath "Home Page Layout".

sandansansandansan
Hi. Thanks for that. I have followed your directions, but must still see if my users note any change. You took me to a placethat I had not focussed on enough, but I'm still not sure if I have been able to make a difference. Will revert later after my users report back. Thanks for taking the trouble to help.., much appreciated. Cheers.
sandansansandansan

Hi., I tried your suggestion, but no luck. Essentially, I'm trying to creat the situation where the  User's front end is a replication of whatever I set up for my front end. If I change a tab, or a layout etc, all users should immediately see the resultant changes on their side.

Where do I set that up?

Kind regards,

Brian

charlie_vcharlie_v

How are your users gaining access to the information you're creating?  I'm not sure what you're doing...

Are you developing a custom application using a combination of Standard and Custom objects, and all the users who need access to the information also have Salesforce.com logins, ...

... or are you developing a custom application and exposing it to users via Sites?