function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott.MScott.M 

Public Ideas Site

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a very basic public ideas site with the default IdeasHome.page as the home page. I'm working in a developer organization and I've followed the instructions here:

http://blogs.salesforce.com/ideas/2008/11/ideas-public-si.html

When I try to go to the public site, I get the following error:

Authorization Required

You must first log in or register before accessing this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it. 

I have checked to make sure that the ideas community is shown in the customer portal

I've made sure the guest user has the Ideas Tab enabled and that the guest user has read access to the Ideas object.

I've enabled login access in the site for the customer portal.

I'm working in a developer organization and I haven't written any code, I'm just using the point and click interface. I know I'm probably missing something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BulentBulent
Have you enabled home page and search page for your site? ideas pages use these pages as well. You can enable them via the site standard pages related list. You also need to enable the ideasHome visualforce page for your site.

All Answers

BulentBulent
Have you enabled home page and search page for your site? ideas pages use these pages as well. You can enable them via the site standard pages related list. You also need to enable the ideasHome visualforce page for your site.
This was selected as the best answer
Scott.MScott.M

Thanks Bulent,

That was it, hadn't enabled the standard pages, I knew it had to be something simple I was missing :) 

cfederspiel@ic-2000.comcfederspiel@ic-2000.com

Hi. When I go to add Standard pages, I get the following. Any ideas?

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contactSalesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

Error ID: 1790685278-18933 (-412136471)