function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott_VSScott_VS 

Posting to Chatter Rest API

I am trying to post to the Chatter Rest API using the request body instead of a request parameter. This is what my code looks like:

HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();

req.setEndpoint('https://na12.salesforce.com/services/data/v23.0/chatter/feeds/news/me/feed-items');
req.setMethod('POST');
req.setHeader('Authorization', 'OAuth ' + userInfo.getSessionId());
req.setHeader('Content-Type:', 'application/json');
req.setBody('{ "body" : { "messageSegments" : [{ "type": "Text","text" : "foo bar"}]}}');

Now according to this documentation, if I define the content type as application/x-www-form-urlencoded, it will be looking at the request parameters for the "text" field. However, since I'm defining the content type as application/json, it will be looking at the request body for all the info.

So why is it ignoring the body and telling me that I need to use the "text" field in the request parameters?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ChrisOctagonChrisOctagon

Hi Scott,

I think the problem is your call to setHeader('Content-Type:' ...). You are setting the 'Content-Type:' header value instead of 'Content-Type', so the generated HTTP request will have 2 colons here ("Content-Type:: application/json"). This may be confusing the server into thinking you're using an unrecognized content type.

Cheers,

- Chris