function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
amritamrit 

How to add users to follow any opportunity or lead?

Hi,

Can any opportunity owners/lead owners can add users to follow particular opportunity or lead.If we are done with any changes in particular opportunity or lead,that users should recive notification or changes display in chatter.

Thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I don't think there's standard functionality to allow you to do this.  You might want to check out the chatter swarm package from Force.com labs.  If that doesn't give you what you need, you can write a trigger that automatically adds followers to a record.  There's an example of doing this, although its a user rather than a record, on my blog at:

http://bobbuzzard.blogspot.com/2011/05/chatter-autofollow-users.html

The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

Thanks, Bob!

Cloud Swarm automates this so you can set criteria for users to autofollow (e.g. sales manager only wants to follow Opportunities over $50K, marketing manager only wants to follow all hot Leads.)

Check out the video on the AppExchange listing to see how it works:

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IUEeEAO

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

amritamrit

Hi,

Thanks for your kind information.Chatterswarm package will work based on some criteria.I dont require criteria to follow the users.But you mentioned trigger.I need to add users to follow leads and oppportunity .Will this work fine for same trigger which you mentioned in earlier post.

Thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

My blog post covers a trigger to auto follow a user, but you could easily adapt this for opportunity or any other sobject that supports triggers.

jaw99KCGjaw99KCG

Bob, thanks for sharing your code.
Our org uses an external system to generate coverage - it feeds and updates account teams.
What I want is something that will make the user in the account team follow the account on the creation of the account_team__c object.
Thoughts?